[luatex] signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault., lualatex, TexLive 2015 on Linux mint

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Mon Mar 14 13:02:02 CET 2016

I have a large latex file. When I run lualatex using this command:

lualatex report.tex

I get a core dump

Core was generated by `lualatex report.tex'.
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x0000000000508782 in ?? ()

This happens only with lualatex and not with pdflatex and it happens
on this latex file (it is large latex file).

I am on Linux mint

>uname -r
3.16.0-38-generic

>lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	LinuxMint
Release:	17.2
Codename:	rafaela

I am using TL 2015.

lualatex -v
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.80.0 (TeX Live 2015) (rev 5238)

There is one latex file and 2 include .tex files and lots of math
images. I have zipped the whole folder into one zip file. it is
large (200 MB) so will take few minutes to download if someone
wants to reprduce it. The zip file is here

          http://12000.org/tmp/031416/

called tangent_bug.zip

The command to see the crash is:

----------------------------------
lualatex report.tex
(/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/tex/latex/microtype/mt-msb.cfg)

Package hyperref Warning: old toc file detected, not used; run LaTeX again (chee
rs from etoc).

(/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/tex/latex/psnfss/t1pcr.fd)
(/usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/tex/latex/psnfss/ts1pcr.fd) [1{/usr/local/te
xlive/2015/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map}] [2] [3]
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I tried to put all needed files in the zip file. So all what is needed
is unzip the file and run the above command. If I missed some file,
will update. Any other info needed, please let me know.

thanks,
--Nasser