[luatex] Bug in tex.linebreak ?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Mar 10 14:12:43 CET 2016

On 3/10/2016 12:52 PM, Frank Mittelbach wrote:

> whereas i think you always report
>
>   <actual looseness achieved>

basically a global variable is reported that kept track of the last
found looseness

> only that is a variable that isn't set

it's more that it only got set when there is a check for looseness which
is not always happening (as it depends on other parameters as well) so
then you get the old value (so that state is/was preserved)

i now always reset it

> sounds good. For now I can work around it as I can control what the
> intended looseness is so I can program around the 0 case ... makes for
> some ugly code that would otherwise nicer but :-)

well, the internal code is also a bit ugly in passing around info (and
by now i've gotten accustomed to extra housekeeping at the lua end)