[luatex] Magnification broken in different ways in luatex and dviluatex

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Jun 1 23:54:23 CEST 2016

On 6/1/2016 9:13 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> \mag and \magnification seem broken in luatex and dviluatex, in different ways for each:
>
> - For luatex, the specified magnification seems not to be applied to anything.
>
> - For dviluatex, the specified magnification seems to be applied to everything, whether or not true units are specified.
>
> This on Mac OS X 10.11.5 (the latest version) with mactex-20160523 (the latest build of tlpretest for the Mac).
>
> Attached is a test file slightly adapted from <http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=971>, and the output with pdftex, tex+dvips+gs, xetex (same for all 3), luatex and dviluatex.
>
> The same can also be observed with the minimal test file in the comments at the end of pdftexmagfix.tex.

In pdf output mode \mag is not supported (has to do with accuracy, which
is different in different spots in the backend and sensitive for
overflow; graphics etc.).

In dvi mode we (stil) support it bit one needs to be aware of side
effects when switching output modes while typesetting the first page
because the output mode is only frozen when the first page ships out.
(This is no big deal as using pdf backend features while going dvi
afterwards is also messy, i.e. one has to set up these things as soon as
possible.)

I fixed the dvi bit.