[luatex] Prevent stop when tiff file loads

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 10:51:18 CET 2016

Il 22/gen/2016 10:16, "Patrick Gundlach" <patrick at gundla.ch> ha scritto:

> Hello
>
> > In practice, identifying all image files formats (tiff, png, pdf...)
*should* work with the first 4 bytes of the file (they were designed this
way).

> I think I'll go that way, but I still wish (feature request) that LuaTeX
does not fail with a fatal error if an unknown file format is encountered,
instead it would be nice to have something like "return nil, errormessage".

> Thanks
>
>    Patrick

Yes, clear.  I will see how pdftex manages these things, could be also a
backward compatibility issue.