[luatex] luaotfload in format file

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 12:06:16 CET 2016

On 9 January 2016 at 00:34, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
> when I run
>
>   lualatex '\RequirePackage{luaotfload}\stop'
>
> luaotfload is loaded without errors.
>
> For a particular project I have to load luaotfload when the format
> file is created.  This worked fine in the past.
>
> Now I'm trying to make it work with TL2015.  I've updated the LaTeX
> stuff in my .ini file but now I encounter a problem with luaotfload.
>
> Here is a minimal example:
>

> What error do you get, you don't say?

I have updated luatex to luatex0.87 so the ini file as you have doesn't
work at all (\pdfoutput not defined is the first error) but if I input a
compatibility layer to define the \pdfxxx command names then the format
builds from your makefile.   but with the  error

luaotfload-main.lua:66: attempt to index local 'luatexbase' (a
 nil value)
stack traceback:

is that what you see?
I'll investigate that anyway but it would be good if you could confirm that
is what you see

David