[luatex] LuaTeX as a Library

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 10:42:40 CET 2016

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 2:13 AM, Robert Krug <destiny6 at mac.com> wrote:

> (All this is on OS X 10.10.5)
>
> Edited source/texk/web2c/Makefile.in to make the call to g++ which creates
> the luatex
> executable verbose, grabbed the output, added:

Makefile.in are generated by autotools, so you should modify the am/ac
files instead.
Luatex is part of TeXLive, so we follow the rules of TeXLive , and
currently we are using
autoconf-2.69
automake-1.15
libtool-2.4.6

Practically, you can have a local branch like experimental (let's say
luatexlib) on your machine,
and use the  --shared switch of  build-shared.sh (see the branch
experimental).
You have to  modify the am/ac/c/h files so that in the end the libluatex.*
will be in
build-shared/texk/web2c
Luatex can be built with links to the shared libs gmp, poppler, mpfr,.. so
a logic way is to build libluatex.so without the static version of these
libs,
but this is not completely true for lua for example, because we have our
custom lua 5.2.... so ,well, it's not easy.
Probably it's better to build a shared libluatex with the static libs, as
is now the luatex program.
We already have a mingw shared that mimics the w32tex of luatex , that uses
the dll (mandatory for swiglib)
perhaps you can see that code.

--
luigi