[luatex] Request for Arabic and Hebrew

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Sun Feb 14 21:53:09 CET 2016

On Feb 14, 2016 9:35 AM, "Javier Bezos" <listas at tex-tipografia.com> wrote:

> Scott,
>

>> Thanks for your work on this. Attached are a couple of files produced
>> from LyX's Hebrew manuals. I am sure that the LaTeX is not correct so
>> I do not know if the files will be useful to you, but I send them just
>> in case.
>

> Thank you! I don't mind if the LaTeX code is not correct. On the
> contrary, I'd like to see "real" code, what people is actually
> doing.

Glad they are useful. Note that LyX would produce different LaTeX when
using non-TeX fonts which I imagine is much more common. I can resend the
exported code with non-TeX fonts enabled and choosing e.g. David CLM fonts
which I believe are popular among Hebrew users. Would you be interested in
that?

Also I'm not sure how many Hebrew and Arabic writers hang out on our
lyx-users list but if it would help I can put out a call to email you
privately some real documents. Should we give it a try?

Scott