[luatex] hyphenation in luatex 0.87

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 21:17:12 CET 2016

On 18 December 2015 at 11:00, David Carlisle <d.p.carlisle at gmail.com> wrote:
> with the plain tex
>
> \hsize 10pt
> \hfuzz20pt
> a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
> \bye
>

> with pdftex I get no warnings and a multi-line output with several hyphens.
>
> with 0.87 built for example just by
>
> luatex --ini plain.tex \\dump
>
> I get no hyphenation and it comes on one line with:
>
> Overfull \hbox (130.22255pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 4--5
> \tenrm supercalifragilisticexpialidocious |
>
> Am I missing some setup needed to enable hyphenation?
>
> David

The above report of hyphenation being broken in .87 was fixed at .88
but it seems  broken again at .89.1 there appears to be no hyphen even
if you use \hyphenation or reload \patterns.

The following hyphenates with pdftex but no hyphenation happens with luatex.

David

\hsize15em

\hyphenation{super-dooper}
\showhyphens{superdooper}