[luatex] callbacks in luatex 0.89

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Fri Feb 12 20:15:19 CET 2016

Am Fri, 12 Feb 2016 19:13:51 +0100 schrieb Philipp Gesang:

>> This works fine in context but not with plain or latex in a current
>> texlive, I get a "metric data not found or bad" error.
>
> We don’t have a handler for ``.lua`` files. (Though improving the
> error message is on my agenda, Context being the role model as
> usual =) )

Well if I could make a wish: I can live with not so good error
messages. I would prefer if the documentation would improve in the
realm "what can we do to manipulate fonts". I would love to see
examples about "how to reencode a font", "how to change the kerning
of a char", "how to add a ligature", "how to pull a missing glyph
from another font" -- naturally in a way that is "safe" and
"official" and can e.g. be used in a package.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/