[luatex] Problem when including pdf with graphicx package and draftmode

Hironobu Yamashita h.y.acetaminophen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 14:17:54 CEST 2016

Hi,

> upcoming luatex 0.98.3 is ok with the  plain format shipped with
> latest context mkiv, so we think that it could be  a lualatex problem.
>
> --
> luigi

I don't agree. I tested with today's texlive r41911 (LuaTeX beta 0.98.3)

$ cat plaintest.tex
\saveimageresource width 30bp{ND.pdf}\useimageresource
\lastsavedimageresourceindex
\bye

$ luatex -draftmode plaintest
This is LuaTeX, Version 0.98.3 (TeX Live 2017/dev)
 restricted system commands enabled.
(./plaintest.tex
! error:  (pdf backend): draftmode cannot be changed after data is written to t
he PDF file
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Regards,
Hironobu Yamashita