[luatex] Problem when including pdf with graphicx package and draftmode

Jacques Peron cataclop at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 18:49:53 CEST 2016

Hello,

Using lualatex from Debian sid texlive packages, I get a weird error when
including a pdf with graphicx :

$ lualatex -draftmode test.tex

…

! error:  (pdf backend): draftmode cannot be changed after data is written to t
he PDF file
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

With pdflatex, here is what I get instead :

$ pdflatex -draftmode test.tex

…

<ND.pdf, id=1, 150.5625pt x 167.62625pt> <use ND.pdf> [1] (./test.aux) )
pdfTeX warning: \pdfdraftmode enabled, not changing output pdf
Transcript written on test.log.

You’ll find files joined. I think it must be a bug within lualatex ; please
tell me if I make a mistake !

Fr Jacques Peron.
​