[luatex] default magnification

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Apr 25 18:59:59 CEST 2016

> On Apr 23, 2016, at 9:09 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
> Howdy,
>
> I have two systems with TeX Live 2016 pretest. Both are running OS X 10.11.4 (El Capitan) and bot are up to date as of 2016/04/23.
>
> One of the systems seems to have a default magnification of the text when using lualatex is >1 (i.e., text is larger and the page is overfilled) while all is well on the other system.
>
> Is there a simple way for me to find what is different in an initialization file between the two systems so I can correct this.

Howdy,

I finally figured it out and it's all fixed up. I installed an early version of MacTeX-2016 pretest (which installed TeX Live 2016 pretest) for testing. For some reason /usr/local/texlive/2016/texmf-config/tex/generic/config/pdftexconfig.tex had pageheight and pagewidth instead of \pdfpageheight and \pdfpagewidth (an early bug in setting paper?). In the process of fixing that problem I managed to remove the \pdfvorigin line. I assume that luatex picks up information from that file when it creates it's latex format file. Once that was fixed I rebuilt the formats and all is now well.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)