[luatex] default magnification

Philipp Gesang phg at phi-gamma.net
Sat Apr 23 16:30:07 CEST 2016

Hi Herbert,

···<date: 2016-04-23, Saturday>···<from: Herbert Schulz>···

> I've rebuilt the font database using luaotfload-tool (v2.7)
> (`luaotfload-tool -u -f -v`) and the Monaco font
> (/System/Library/Fonts/Monaco.dfont) as well as some other fonts
> aren't found.

the new fontloader has no support for the DFONT format.

>               Two sample files for Lucida Bright OT fonts that
> show some special features, etc., seem to hang.

What log output are you getting exactly? If you suspect a
Luaotfload issue, it might be worth adding a luaotfload.conf file
like this:

  [run]
    log-level = 9

And watch the diagnostic output. However, since those fonts
aren’t freely available it’d be best if the issue was
reproducible using some other font.

>                                                 A demonstration
> file that showed the use of fontspec with lualatex (it is shipped
> with MacTeX) seems to rebuild
> ~/Library/texlive/2016/texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic/fonts/otl/lmsans10-regular.luc
> on essentially every run;

Can you reduce that file to an MWE?

Best,
Philipp