[luatex] rounding errors with node.dimensions?

Frank Mittelbach frank.mittelbach at latex-project.org
Wed Apr 13 10:27:00 CEST 2016

Am 13.04.16 um 10:17 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>> which should give me the internal width of all nodes inside with the
>> glue setting applied (at least that's the way I understand the manual).
>
> such calculations are in floats
>
> you can try tex.sp(result) to do rounding

point is if it only work "most of the time" then it is not possible to
use it to do manipulations in lua and turn back a result to TeX for
further processing as on the TeX level 1sp difference may throw you off
badly. And then then the function is fairly pointless.

And I really don't see how to use tex.sp here the result of
node.dimensions appears to be already in sp (whole numbers) the only
issue is that it is off by a few ...

frank