[luatex] How do I load hyphenation patterns?

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Mon Apr 11 15:59:02 CEST 2016

Am Mon, 11 Apr 2016 13:28:31 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Apostolos
Syropoulos:

>> Search the archive of this list. I wrote about it on march, 18.
>>
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.luatex.user/5680/
>>
> Thank you very much for your prompt answer but this does not solve my problem.
> I am not using babel and I do not want to use it. Let's say I want to make
> my xgreek package functional with luaLaTeX.

You are not using babel if you load it with the base option. Only a
a very small part. If you don't want this: Study the code in
luababel.def and replicate it. (Or study the code in polyglossia or
luatex-hyphen). But why reinventing the wheel? Also as your users
will probably use either polyglossia or babel your code should be
compatible with both, so doing something special is perhaps not the
best strategy.

> I will search the list. BTW, may I suggest the inclusion of these
> things in the user's manual to whom is working on it?

The manual mentions tex.setdimen etc.

(If you want to do something with luatex you should install the
texlive pretest with luatex 0.95, as there has been quite some
changes).

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/