[luatex] How do I load hyphenation patterns?

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 14:15:50 CEST 2016

Hello,

A friend of mine asked me a "simple" question but it turns out it is not that simple.
In fact, I cannot find the answer to this question nowhere! What I want to do? Simply
to load the hyphenation patterns of some language. No I do not want to use babel or
anything like this. I just want to know how this can be done. Second, I want to know
how do I load a lua package in luaLaTeX file? Is there something similar to \usepackage?
Third, how do I pass the value of some lua variable to a TeX register? I have checked out
the manual and many fora but I could not find the answer to this questions.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

A.S.