[luatex] luatex_svn

Philipp Gesang phg at phi-gamma.net
Sun Apr 10 12:43:50 CEST 2016

Hi,

with revision 5624, the ``luatex_svn`` field vanished, as did the
revision info in the string output by ``--version``. I’d like to
have it back.

On my setup I’m frequently switching the Luatex binaries—debug
ones, TL ones, new ones and ancient ones—and I’ve been using the
SVN version as a reference to keep them all apart. Without it
I’ll probably have to resort to hashing the binaries since the
“official” build in TeX Live now reports the same version string
as the SVN builds :/ (And perhaps add a “-dirty” suffix if the
source was modified locally.)

If it’s unacceptable for the release builds, could we at least
have a compile-time option?

Thanks,
Philipp