[luatex] nodes after \mskip disappear

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Apr 5 11:07:06 CEST 2016

On 4/5/2016 9:59 AM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

>>> Side question: Is luatex really already at version 0.95? Why the
>>> jump? 0.90 was only announced last week.
>
>> originally we'd have 0.95 around tl 2016, and 0.90 was a bit later than
>> planned; so we're just at the planned schedule
>
> OK, so it is planed and not a typo (I thought perhaps it should have
> been 0.90.5 or something like this).

it's more practical ... we could have waited till last moment tl to go
0.95 but it was decided that it's better to go .95 now (in this case we
we can downgrade from 0.95 to 0.90 with less hassle than update from
0.90 to 0.95)

an important change in 0.95 is that glue nodes are done differently i.e.
something was dropped from the lua interface and if we'd have 0.95
shortly after tl 2016 code freeze (read: if users would pick up those
binaries from the context garden) there is a good change that code on tl
will not work with that version which in turn will mean lots of post tl
updates for (i presume) latex stuff that uses lua interfaces and that is
something we'd like to avoid imposing on non-context users)

so, 0.95 is pretty much what 1.0 will be (interface wise); if there are
further conceptual changes they will be in experimental > 1.0 versions
of luatex anyway