[luatex] Logging of font names in box log output

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 09:39:50 CEST 2015

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 1:33 AM, David Carlisle <d.p.carlisle at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hans
>
> > if they're different then you know it's the fontloader cheating you
>
> 51  52
>
> Hmm, I guess you have successfully passed the blame:-)
>
> Thanks for that debugging information.
>
> David

If you have a recent context installation,
you can use the latest luatex /luatexjit and the plain of context with

mtxrun --script plain --make
mtxrunjit --script plain --make
and invoke luatex plain with

mtxrun --script plain test.tex
mtxrunjit --script plain test.tex

It can happen that you see the message:

Preloading the plain format: codes, registers, parameters, fonts, more
fonts,
! Font \preloaded=manfnt not loadable: metric data not found or bad.
<to be read again>
\par
l.468

hit return in this case (we will fix it someday).

It could be a good idea to use the plain of context in your tests,
it can help to discriminate between engine and format issues.

--
luigi