[luatex] [ANN] Not exactly a preprocessor: Dednat6

Eduardo Ochs eduardoochs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 05:21:15 CEST 2015

Hi all,

the documentation still lacks a lot, but the main ideas should be
clear, and the thing is easy to install and test... so here goes the
announcement:

  Dednat6: a preprocessor (well, not exactly) for drawing diagrams and
  derivation trees from their 2D representations

Dednat6's home page is here:

  http://angg.twu.net/dednat6.html

Here are links to some tests/demos, both source and output:

  http://angg.twu.net/dednat6/tests/0.pdf
  http://angg.twu.net/dednat6/tests/0.tex.html
  http://angg.twu.net/dednat6/tests/2.pdf
  http://angg.twu.net/dednat6/tests/2.tex.html
  http://angg.twu.net/dednat6/tests/3.pdf
  http://angg.twu.net/dednat6/tests/3.tex.html

Let me copy here one section of the documentation - one that may be
especially interesting to the people here, but that will be considered
too technical and esoteric in other mailing lists.

  7. LuaTeX
  =========

  Dednat6 uses very little of LuaTeX at the moment - essentially just
  tex.jobname, tex.inputlineno, tex.print from the Lua side, and
  \directlua from TeX.

  The following hacks were needed. 1) dednat6.lua loads this to make
  require behave like the require from Lua. 2) Dednat6's output function
  runs deletecomments to filter out comments before sending code to
  tex.print. 3) I had to use a

    \catcode`\^^J=10

  in the demos - 0.tex, 2.tex, 3.tex - to avoid having newlines become
  spurious "Omega"s.

  My guess is that (2) and (3) are needed because tex.print and \input
  use different catcode tables. At one point I tried to check the
  details of this using this script to run Rob Hoelz's lua-repl from
  LuaLaTeX, but at some point I gave up.

  One of the items in my to-do list is to make it easy to load and run
  lua-repl from dednat6.

  (Copied from: http://angg.twu.net/dednat6.html#luatex )

Cheers! All feedback welcome! =)
  Eduardo Ochs