[luatex] a question about the names \Umathcharnumdef etc

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Thu Oct 15 19:58:51 CEST 2015

Le 15 oct. 2015 à 19:43, jfbu <jfbu at free.fr> a écrit :

> Le 15 oct. 2015 à 19:37, David Carlisle <d.p.carlisle at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> On 15 October 2015 at 18:35, jfbu <jfbu at free.fr> wrote:
>>> Hi Joseph

>>> OK, let's see if I get you right: I remove from mathastext.sty
>>> all "luatex" prefixes, but also I need to add
>>>
>>>  \directlua{
>>>    tex.enableprimitives("", tex.extraprimitives("Umath"))
>>>  }
>>>
>>> to mathastext.sty if it detects luatex,
>>>
>>> so as to be sure the new version of the package will work also
>>> with older LaTeX releases ?
>>>
>>> is that right ?
>>>
>>> best,
>>>
>>> Jean-François
>>

>> That works in general for primitives that were previously prefixed
>> \luatex... but the \Umath... names are special in that they were
>> previously available both prefixed and not prefixed, so you can just
>> use the unprefixed ones.
>>

> Hi David,
>
> ok, this is very clear, thanks, sorry if I have one last question does
> "previously available" mean "all the way back to 2011" ?
>
> I can't test it on my laptop which only has TeXLive 2012 and later,
> and I would like not to break installations as far back as 2011,
>
> best
>
> Jean-François

Hi David/Joseph,

[ I apologize to the list, perhaps I should move this discussion to
a LaTeX list ]

sorry again, but texdoc ltnews did not give me the following info:

should I also remove the "xetex" prefixes and use "\Umathchardef"
also under XeLaTeX ? from texdoc xetex, the primitives are there
only with "U" prefix.

best,

Jean-François