[luatex] a question about the names \Umathcharnumdef etc

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Thu Oct 15 19:30:27 CEST 2015

Hi David

Le 15 oct. 2015 à 19:18, David Carlisle <d.p.carlisle at gmail.com> a écrit :

> On 15 October 2015 at 17:36, jfbu <jfbu at free.fr> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> as people reported problems with mathastext under lualatex I have become aware
>> that \luatexUmathcharnumdef etc... have been removed and \Umathcharnumdef etc...
>> must be used  instead.
>>
>> as I didn't find the info immediately I am asking here: how should I test
>> (version number, date etc...)
>> when one should use \luatexUmathcharnumdef and
>> when on should use \Umathcharnumdef ?
>
> This is a latex rather than luatex issue really, the change was announced
> in ltnews23 and other places along with the 2015/10/01 release
> see
>
> texdoc ltnews

I must have seen the 2015/10/01 announcement but I was busy on
other things, nevertheless I was only half surprised when bug reports
(*) started flowing in

(*) one, so far

no wonder then that I when I started looking for info on the luatex
side I found none

(also I do not keep for a long time the messages I receive from
my subscriptions to mailing lists)

> Sorry, I thought we'd pre-warned all authors of packages using \luatex...
> names, I apologise if we missed you

no problem

>> or perhaps \Umathcharnumdef was always ok ?
>
> yes, it was, the Umath... commands were always available with their
> basic luatex names and also prefixed luatex.

excellent, and it is my fault then not have to used them from the start

thus the fix will be easy and I will be able to push immediately to CTAN
a patched mathastext

best

Jean-François