[luatex] Luaotfload still cannot embed several new CJK fonts in Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Oct 9 11:09:09 CEST 2015

On 10/9/2015 8:15 AM, Hironobu Yamashita wrote:

> It is true that **most of** the collection fonts available in the world have a subfont
> whose postscript name is exactly same as its fontname, however, it is NOT true
> that **all of** the collection fonts do.

I've uploaded a new context beta that now looks at the postscriptname
(but with some extra checking and in the same spot where fontname and
fullname are checked).

The ps names are normally used in the backend for unique font
identifiers btu are also used by the backend for ttc lookups. So, if
different fonts have the same ps fontnames the result might be
unexpected. Also, in an upcoming luatex patch we will fallback on index
0 + warning which is in most cases quite ok (at least some output).

Wolfgang: the new context font code already had that ps name resolving
so now both methods are more or less similar in that respect, although
we can have subtle differences in font/fullnames.