[luatex] Luatex 0.85.0 announcement

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Mon Nov 23 12:57:44 CET 2015

On 21/11/2015 10:03, luigi scarso wrote:
> New luatex release, 0.85.0
>
> It's really a big change respect to 0.81.0
> (see NEWS for a full report)
> and, well,   there can be bugs (that of course we will solve).
>

> The archives can be downloaded from supelec as usual:
>
>         https://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/luatex/
>
> You could also check out the sources via anonymous svn:
>
>   svn co --username anonsvn --password anonsvn              \
>       https://foundry.supelec.fr/svn/luatex/tags/beta-0.85.0
>
> Bugs and feature requests can be added to the issue tracker at
>
>        http://tracker.luatex.org
>
> When you use context or latex you need an updated format. The latest
> version of
> context can be fetched from the context garden, latex from ctan. For latex
> you can contact David and Joseph as they are dealing with the update.

For those wishing to be on the 'burning edge' in LaTeX terms, we have
put some *very experimental* support code on GitHub:

  https://github.com/josephwright/luatex85

David and I are working with the rest of the LaTeX team to make the
changes transparent to end users: we hope to have all of this to CTAN
and into TeX Live well before any binary changes in the release version,
and will co-ordinate the same with MiKTeX.

Joseph