[luatex] Using a Lua C .so module with LuaLaTeX

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 12:23:40 CET 2015

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 10:41 AM, Deepak Jois wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 2:53 PM, luigi scarso wrote:
>> Ok, good. What is the difference in bytes of the two binaries ?
>>

> $> du luatex luatex-stripped
> 27000   luatex
> 25272   luatex-stripped

What exactly do these numbers mean?

With "ls -l" I get

14865104 luatex-strippped (if I manually strip the binary)
15824232 luatex

If I run the normal build (without --nostrip) I get 8999388 bytes.

Luigi, what exactly does the following chunk of code do in build.sh?

if [ "$STRIP_LUATEX" = "FALSE" ]
then
    export CFLAGS
    export CXXFLAGS
fi

I don't understand why I get different results if I manually strip the
binary or if the build.sh strips it unless the binary actually gets
compiled in a different way (with different flags / different
optimization) depending on the presence of --nostrip option.

Mojca