[luatex] Using a Lua C .so module with LuaLaTeX

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 09:51:22 CET 2015

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 9:12 AM, luigi scarso wrote:

> If it works for you , can you try
> strip -u -r luatex
> as reported by Tantau at
> http://tracker.luatex.org/view.php?id=555 ?

If that is the case, we could introduce STRIPFLAGS in LuaTeX's
build.sh and set it to "-u -r". Either unconditionally or
conditionally on OS X only (in case it has undesired side effects on
other platforms). Something similar could be replicated in TeX Live's
sources then.

Man page says:
  When  an  executable  is  built  with  all its dependent dynamic shared
  libraries, it is typically stripped with:
         % strip -u -r executable
  which saves all undefined  symbols  (usually  defined  in  the  dynamic
  shared libraries) and all global symbols defined in the executable ref-
  erenced by the dynamic libraries (as marked by the static  link  editor
  when  the executable was built).  This is the maximum level of striping
  for an executable that will still allow the program  to  run  correctly
  with its libraries.

I still need to learn how to test that. We were discussing about
providing some precompiled modules at some point, so I should better
learn it at some point anyway.

Mojca