[luatex] Finding user-specific Lua binary packages

Dirk Laurie dirk.laurie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 17:10:49 CET 2015

>   kpsewhich --show-path texmf.cnf

That gives essentially the same result.

> Imho not in a normal installation.

Ubuntu TeXLive is Debian :-/

It takes 660 lines to document the things Debian does in its own way.
I have never read them all, but I have now read enough for this purpose.

There is a standard location for customized configuration files, but any
`texmf.cnf` you put in there is ignored by default. You have to explicitly
set TEXMFCNF if you want it to be taken into account.

Once I realized that, the rest was easy. I now have:

CLUAINPUTS = .;$TEXMF/clua//;$SELFAUTOLOC/lib/{$progname,$engine,}/lua//

Thanks!