[luatex] Finding user-specific Lua binary packages

Dirk Laurie dirk.laurie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:03:00 CET 2015

> well a C modules compiled is a binary, so it could be reasonable.

I can see why LuaTeX prefers seaching via kpse. I can't see why
searching on package.path and package.cpath is completely
discarded. They should be retained as the last fallbacks in
package.searchers.

> But in any case
> package.loadlib (libname, funcname)
> should work (libname is something like /<my_path>/core.so).

That works fine for satisfying external references from C packages.
I.e. if I write a .so that needs liblapack.so, then I should loadlib that.

But It does not produce Lua-visible objects. It cannot replace
"require".