[luatex] Primitive oddities

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Wed Jun 24 10:34:58 CEST 2015

Hello all,

I'm currently looking over the list of primitive names as given by e.g.
tex.extraprimitives("luatex"). I notice a couple of oddities.

Primitive \luatexbanner is down in the "pdftex" set. I assume this
should be in the "luatex" set? (The text I get is the same as for
\pdftexbanner but I imagine the latter will get dropped at some stage.)

The docs say that \primitive, \ifprimitive, \ifabsdim and \ifabsnum are
provided without the "pdf" part of the names that is present in for
these in pdfTeX. However, they are in both the "pdftex" and "luatex"
sets. Moreover, the 'new' versions still point to the older ones, for
example

    > \primitive=\pdfprimitive.
    l.1 \show\primitive

Is this deliberate?