[luatex] Error with TL Pretest: "This can't happen (add_disc_widths)."

Scott Kostyshak skostysh at lyx.org
Thu Apr 16 07:23:09 CEST 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 2:30 AM, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 3:13 PM, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Ulrike Fischer <luatex at nililand.de>
>> wrote:

>>> 2014? Or do you mean 2015?
>>
>> 2014

>>> But context (even with plain) will use otf fonts by default and as I
>>> wrote there is no problem if one loads fontspec and so use
>>> otf-fonts.
>>>
>> Ah yes
>>>
>>> But if I force context to use a tfm-file:
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> \font\test=cmr10 \test
>>> testing ----
>>> \stoptext
>>>
>>> I get the error too:
>>>
>>> tex error       > error on line 1 in file G:/Z-Test/test-utf8.tex: !
>>> This can't happen (add_disc_widths)
>>>

>> yes, confirmed.
>>
>> --
>> luigi
>

> fixed by Hans  in trunk/beta 0.80.0; it should be in the next TL

For reference purposes, let's note that the relevant commits are here:
https://foundry.supelec.fr/scm/viewvc.php/?root=luatex&view=rev&revision=5222
https://foundry.supelec.fr/scm/viewvc.php/?root=luatex&view=rev&revision=5223

Thanks for the quick confirmation, fix, and confirmation of fix,
Ulrike, Luigi, and Hans.

Scott