[luatex] XML export from Latex

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 10:26:58 CET 2014

Hi Stefano,

tex4ht works with LuaLaTeX, but no htlualatex script is provided by
default.  There are some conflicts between tex4ht and babel, but these
errors don't affect output, only compilation is stoped.
To workaround problems with babel, making local copy of html4.4ht file
and converting it to utf8 encoding should help. Note that polyglossia
doesn't work, because it loads fontspec and opentype fonts (or, more
precisely, fonts without tfm table) don't work with tex4ht dvi to xml
converter.

Regarding direct conversion conversion from LuaLaTeX to xml without
need to use dvi processing, it is possible. I created simple demo, or
proof of concept [1]. Not all things supported by tex4ht works, but as
you can see, fontspec works without the need of patching.

PS.
Note that make4ht [2] is not the same thing as mk4ht, it is simple
build tool which enables configuration of commands used for conversion
of images, post-processig generated files etc.

Best regards,
Michal

[1] https://github.com/michal-h21/lua4ht
[2] https://github.com/michal-h21/make4ht