[luatex] TL2014, realsuperscript, Linux Libertine O

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Mon Jun 23 19:34:50 CEST 2014

Am Mon, 23 Jun 2014 18:58:38 +0200 schrieb Daniel Flipo:

> Hi all,
>
> I stumble upon a new ``feature'' with TL2014 when compiling the
> following file in LuaLaTeX:
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \usepackage{realscripts}
> \setmainfont{Linux Libertine O}
> %\setmainfont{Iwona}
> \begin{document}
> \showoutput
> X\realsuperscript{123abc}X\par
> X\realsubscript{123abc}X\par
> \end{document}
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> The \realsuperscript command prints no superscript;
> -- it did with TL2013 (checked today, I kept the latest TL2013 ;-),
> -- it does also with font "Iwona" instead of "Linux Libertine O",
> -- it does also with font "Linux Libertine O" when compiled with XeLaTeX.
> -- Strange is that \realsubscript works fine anytime…

That's this problem:

https://github.com/wspr/fontspec/issues/176

I would avoid \addfontfeature. The combination of such features
doesn't always work.  Some months ago I had the problem that a
feature added this way appeared only randomly every second
compilation.

Use

\setmainfont[VerticalPosition=Superior]{Linux Libertine O}

instead. Or define a new fontfamily.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/