[luatex] \latelua

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Sun Jul 13 10:01:06 CEST 2014

Hello all,

I'm trying to understand exactly what \latelua does. I was mainly trying
to follow the expansion behaviour, cf. \directlua, but that at least
seems clear. However, I'm not really sure where the code gets executed.
With the example

    First
    \directlua{tex.print("direct")}%
    \latelua{tex.print("late")}%
    \par\vfill\penalty-10000 %
    Second
    \directlua{tex.print("direct")}%
    \bye

the text "late" is inserted into the second page after "Second" but
before "direct", while if I omit the \directlua call on page two "late"
vanishes entirely. The manual does not give a lot away: is there a good
explanation/set of demos somewhere?

Version data:

    This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.79.1 (TeX Live 2014) (rev 4971)
--
Joseph Wright