[luatex] concerning lccodes

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Thu Jan 9 20:59:55 CET 2014

Am 09.01.2014 20:28, schrieb Patrick Gundlach:

>> And BTW, what information is provided in field uchyph in glyph
>> nodes?
>

> from the TeX book:
>
> If the starting letter is not lowercase (i.e., if it doesn’t equal
> its own \lccode), hyphenation is abandoned unless \uchyph is
> positive.

OK, thanks!  Will refer to the TeXbook for further information.

> I don't know if uchyph must be true within the whole word or just the
> upper case character at the beginning.

Which makes me wonder, what LuaTeX considers a word (with regards to
hyphenation)?  A sequence of letter class glyph nodes of the same
language, optionally intersected by kern, penalty or discretionary
nodes, except ... ?

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig