[luatex] information about ligatures

Stephan Hennig mailing_list at arcor.de
Mon Jan 6 18:13:52 CET 2014

Am 05.01.2014 19:03, schrieb Philipp Gesang:

> It depends on whether the “liga” feature is active and whether
> you use base mode or node mode.

Well, let me add a related question.  To quote from the luaotfload manual:

> node mode works by processing TeX's internal node list directly at
> the Lua end

What callback does luaotfload use for the processing?  And what is the
way to go for packages fighting for a callback?  If callbacks are "just
chained", how can I be sure that luaotfload has already done its
processing before my package?

> E.g. in Context: [...] The values are:
>
>       mode | liga
>            |  -     +
>       -----+--------
>       base | 256     2
>       node | 256   258
>
> Run this with the bare fontloader, you get
>
>       mode | liga
>            |  -     +
>       -----+--------
>       base | 256     2
>       node | 256   256
>
> With luaotfload, however, it’s
>
>       mode | liga
>       base | 256   258
>       node | 256   256

OK, what does that teach me?  I think I'll just look at (and follow) the
components field to parse ligatures and hope for the best ...

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig