[luatex] Adding page resources

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Wed Aug 6 22:24:50 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am currently adding support for spot colors for my LuaTeX application. My question is more PDF than LuaTeX related, so it might be off topic...

Let's say I have two spot colors A and B, and both are used on page 2 and 5 on my 10 pages document. These pages need special pageresources such as

  /ColorSpace <<
    /CS0 1 0 R
    /CS1 2 0 R

Does it harm to add the above colorspace definition to all pages even if /CS0 and /CS1 are not used on some of them? Is it just a waste of space or do you know of real world applications that dislike unnecessary definitions? This would make my life easier...

Patrick