[luatex] Hash tokens meaning

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed May 29 20:08:19 CEST 2013

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

> On 5/29/2013 5:43 PM, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
> >> Yes, that is why I am reading the *source* code.
> >
> >    You really don't want to do anything like anyone else, do you?
>
> make me think of
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_Stone
>
> some day one finds an old bunch of mem chips and magically it contains
> left overs of a plain tex, latex and context run ... all kind of
> interesting expansions, catcode remappings, a bit of utf 8 in there
> and of course snippets missing ... and from that trying to reconstruct
> the tex primitives, concepts, whatever as well as the input file(s)
> ... makes a nice effort
>
> anyway, this topic is less and less related to luatex

so let's switch to decoding ancient scripts from greek lands.

it's not just the rosetta stone -- there's a good bunch of samples of a
script which was given the name "linear a", which afaik no-one's got
anywhere with.  (linear b was decoded by ventris -- it's actually
written greek; linear a is the older one.)

robin (who's feeling a bit punch drunk from the run up to the tl freeze
-- lots of stuff rushing at ctan from all directions...)