[luatex] Hash tokens meaning

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed May 29 13:47:26 CEST 2013

Martin Berggren <martin.berggren at cs.umu.se> wrote:

> On May 29, 2013, at 13:25 , Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>
> >> As I said multiple times: I've downloaded the TeX book, and I am reading it.
> >
> >  That's illegal.  Wherever you've downloaded it from, shouldn't have
> > made it available.  Unfortunately Addison-Wesley doesn't provide the
> > option to buy an electronic version (that I know of), you have to buy
> > the paper copy.
>
> Reading the .tex source of the TeX book should is legal.

sure.  but if your purpose is understanding tex, reading knuth's sources
is not a way i would recommend.  (the texbook is quite hard going, in
places, and reading code describing something difficult may be worse
still.  note that ymmv, but i struggled in the 80s having never used
anything more complex than digital runoff.)

i agree, it's a shame a-w (or whatever they're called now) can't bring
themselves to offer an e-book version.