[luatex] shrinking italics

Thérèse Bonin furrabi at gmail.com
Tue May 28 21:25:05 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I bought Adobe Jenson Pro Opticals and used it with pleasure until
sometime this year, when suddenly any instance of italics after the
first page was too small.  Unfortunately, since I don’t have occasion
to use the font every day, I didn’t notice exactly which packages had
just been updated when the problem began.  Any ideas how I might go
about solving the difficulty?

I’m using LuaTeX version beta-0.70.2-2012062812 (TeX Live 2012),
fontspec 2013/03/16 v2.3a, and Adobe Jenson Pro version 2.053 on
Debian GNU/Linux.  Specifying “Scale=1” or
“ItalicFeatures={Scale=MatchLowercase}” hasn’t helped, and neither has
deleting the temp-ajensonpro... files in luatex’s cache.

Attached are a minimal working example and the PDF output.

Thanks for any insights you can offer.  I wish I could send everyone
the fonts to play with, but Adobe would have my head!

Thérèse Bonin