[luatex] Hash tokens meaning

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue May 28 13:39:43 CEST 2013

> Since I am not a TeX user, I compared the "LaTeX output/under the
> hood" to an object file.

  That comparison clearly doesn't work at this point.  Let's just move
on.

> I have tried, but it's not like what I expected.

  Who would have guessed ...

>                                                  I know how to walk
> through a program in source code, because that's what I'm accustomed
> to: I find LaTeX's source code very different, I find myself
> wandering around without any clear and sharp indication on a "main".

  You need to get rid of your misconceptions about programming, first.
latex.ltx is a "program in source code" too, if you expected it to look
different, you need to change your expectations and learn about this way
of programming.  Many languages don't need a "main" at all; you seem to
come from an imperative programming point of view, but that's not the
only one.

> I guess I will read the TeX book, first.

  Probably one of the best choices.

	Arthur