[luatex] Hash tokens meaning

Sensei senseiwa at gmail.com
Mon May 27 15:06:33 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I am trying to grasp the meaning of the hash tokens I find in a latex
document. I am a novice TeX user, so please bear with my (almost surely)
stupid questions: I've only used LaTeX, and never looked into the pit :)

- First of all, I find many tokens that contain @ or ! or ^, for example
"tagsleft at false", "ps at headings", "\T1\^-\i", or "!!stringa": do these
characters have a special meaning?

- Why do I have so many "blank" tokens? At the end of this you'll find a
sample from a dump file viewed from emacs, so an encoding of special
characters is visible.

-Are tokens as
"<5><6><7><8><9>gen*cmbx<10><10.95>cmbx10<12><14.4><17.28><20.74><24.88>cmbx12"
real, or is it some kind of "encoding" that I see?

- Are these tokens portable? I mean, a friend of mine on windows will
produce the very same tokens with the same document?

- All \label{something} seem to be processed as token "r at something". Is
this real, or just my imagination?

Again, I am sorry to ask such trivial questions, but I didn't find
anything anywhere on the internals of TeX!

Thanks & Cheers!

===BEGIN===
luatexattributedef
sffamily