[luatex] issue with fontspec update | probably cause

Evan Cooch evan.cooch at cornell.edu
Wed May 22 17:10:20 CEST 2013

At least, I think. Hopped over to gthb pages for fontspec. The thing
that changed with the latest update was

v2.3c (2013/05/20)

  * Compatibility with luaotfload 2013/05/20 2.2c, support for older
    version removed.

So, I suspect what is happening is that IIRC that MikTeX is using an
older version of luaotfload, which worked fine, until fontspec dropped
support for it as of version 2.2c (as noted above)

is this a likely explanation? If so, then the obvious short-term
solution for MikTeX users is to revert to older version of fontspec. I
did this, and things compile perfectly.

--

    _```_

"Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, except backwards and in high heels..."