[luatex] latest 'fixes' don't fix....again.

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Tue May 14 09:55:17 CEST 2013

Am Mon, 13 May 2013 19:11:38 +0100 schrieb Arthur Reutenauer:

>> (But it would be useful to have a newer version for tests parallel
>> to the stable system).
>
>   The infrastructure for that is already in place, in the form of
> tlcontrib that can be used as an alternative repository for TeX Live
> (http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/).

I was speaking about the luatex binary in miktex.

> If we're serious about setting up a test environment it seems like
> a better alternative to uploading beta versions to CTAN. To be
> honest I've never understood that urge to upload everything to
> CTAN as soon as possible; that's not how I see its role, and that
> seems to be an unfair burden on CTAN'ers.

I don't see such an urge. I have more the impression that some
uploads are rather slow and that you have to find all the github
places to get newer version which correct a bug. I prefer the other
way: That newer versions get fast to CTAN and that you can get older
versions from github or whatever.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/