[luatex] mkluatexfontdb devours memory

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Sat May 11 14:50:44 CEST 2013

Ismo Toijala wrote:

>>> Runs fine for the TeX Live binary, but same errors when using my 0.77
>>> build. Did I miss some step in the build process? Do I have to specify
>>> paths anywhere?
>>
>> I have to say I'm stuck... does someone on the list have an idea?
>
> I also run Arch Linux and ran into this problem when testing svn
> versions of LuaTeX. Are you sure that you copied the binary into
> /usr/bin?

no, it is at

/home/texlive2013/bin/x86_64-linux/luatex

where all other binaries are. This works fine for the old luatex, also
the PATH is set to this place.

> This is essential because TeXLive is setup to find the texmf
> trees relative to the location of the binary. Élie did include this
> step, but you may have missed it due to its unintuitive nature.

Well, I just replaced the working luatex binary by the one I built. If
it worked for the the old one, it should be fine for the new one, too, no?

> Another possibility is to change the configuration in
> /etc/texmf/web2c/texmf.conf to use absolute paths. I believe this
> should also work.

It's called texmf.cnf here, but I guess that was a typo. What exactly
should I adapt here?

cheers
Arno