[luatex] mkluatexfontdb devours memory

Élie Roux elie.roux at telecom-bretagne.eu
Sat May 11 10:52:10 CEST 2013

Hi,

> the output of
>
> luaotfload-tool --update --force --verbose=5 --log=stdout
>
> is available under
>
> http://justpaste.it/2lhr
>
> I stopped the program when suddenly the memory ran full. This happend at
> some step, it did not increase steadily during the whole process. Also,
> the CPU was at 100% from that point on. The output doesn't seem to
> report an error, does it?

It doesn't seem to report any error. I've run a valgrind on luatex with
the attached simple test file calling fontloader.info(); it seems to
have a memleak of about 80kb+(2kb per font). It's not nothing, but 2kb
times your 7400 fonts is about 15Mb, we're far from 3Gb... This doesn't
seem very easy to debug, but I'll continue to make tests about this...
Maybe you could run dbg or valgrind to see what's happening? (you'll
have to build luatex from sources if you want to follow this way, but
it's fairly easy).

Thank you,
--
Elie