[luatex] latest 'fixes' don't fix....again.

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Fri May 10 18:32:49 CEST 2013

Am Fri, 10 May 2013 18:15:51 +0200 schrieb Philipp Gesang:

>> I made some tests this afternoon. I pulled from the various github
>> sites lualibs, luatexbase, luaotfload, fontspec. After blacklisting
>> some fonts I could create a fontname database with texlua
>> luaotfload-tool.lua.
>>
>> But using the fonts failed: At first luaoftload-database use load()
>> where older lua-versions need loadstring(). And if I correct this
>> problem I get messages about "invalid field id 9".
>
> That indicates an outdated luatex. Depending on what you do you
> get the same error with e.g. the binary from TL 2012.

Well "outdated" is a bit harsh. After all it is the version which is
also used by a current texlive 2012.
And the luatex sites claims (or - as the text is quite old - perhaps
better "claimed") that only major updates (x.x0 versions) "are
stable enough to be used for production work".

Until a few days an update of the binary would have been highly
problematic as a lot of packages didn't work with the newer luatex.
So imho it is not a bad idea to keep a stable system for some time.

(But it would be useful to have a newer version for tests parallel
to the stable system).

>> On the whole I would say that the current state of luaotfload & co
>> is unsuitable for the miktex binary. So miktex should either update
>> the binary or revert to some older version of all this packages.

> Are there packages that don’t work with current Luatex?

Sorry I'm not sure that I understand the question.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/