[luatex] About bidi typesetting in luatex

Persian TeX Group persian-tex at tug.org
Thu May 2 02:53:30 CEST 2013

Hi taco and others

a while ago, John Plaice said that the whole bidi algorithm in luatex needs
to be redone. I was wondering if there has been a progress on that?

I also have a feature request. since \hbox and \vbox accept direction (i.e.
\hbox dir), I was wondering if this functionality could also be added to
\halign. Last time, I think Hartmut Henkel suggested[2] \vbox dir
TRT{\halign...} but that would stop \halign to break across pages, right?

[1] http://tug.org/pipermail/luatex/2012-December/003968.html
[2] http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/luatex/2009-August/001003.html

--
Sincerely yours,