[luatex] [lltx] Speeding up otf lua cache file load

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Mar 30 23:26:22 CET 2013

On 2013-03-30 at 18:15:01 +0100, Arno Trautmann wrote:

 > That's actually an ÒoldÓ dream of mine: I'd like to be able to
 > automatically produce a format for any given document (up to
 > \begin{document}) which is changed if and only if the preamble is
 > changed. LuaTeX seems to be the simplest way to do this via some Lua
 > action. However, so far I wasn't even able to produce a format dump on
 > LuaTeX. (I'm trying to do this by now using the myformat.ltx and
 > mylatexformat.ltx, but they produce errors when used with LuaTeX. I
 > still have a lot to learn for producing formats, I guess É)

Hi Arno,
copy lualatex.ini to your current working directory, rename it to
myformat.ini and run

  luatex -ini --progname=lualatex myformat.ini

Create a symlink myformat -> luatex in the bin directory.

If this works, add your stuff to myformat.ini and create the format
file again.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25