[luatex] on some special glyph nodes

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Mon Mar 25 09:39:58 CET 2013

> In node lists, that is after the above mentioned conversion

  I think you're misunderstanding the Unicode recommendation.  What it
means is that the characters you mention, inherited from ASCII, should
generally not be used, and replaced in input by the characters with a
more precise semantics.  I does not at all recommend to convert them at
any point once they've been input, that would have the opposite effect
to what the recommendation aims at.

  Needless to say, that recommendation is hardly followed at all,
neither for U+0027 which is still overwhelmingly used to represent the
apostrophe (instead of U+2019 for the correct apostrophe), and even less
so for U+002D.  I myself have given up on using U+2019 in emails, as
too many systems still don't support it correctly (although there's
definitely been progress).

	Arthur