[luatex] Luajittex 0.75.0 announcement

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Sun Mar 3 16:59:10 CET 2013

Arno Trautmann wrote:
> Marco Patzer wrote:

>>> I cannot find any files there: Clicking on “files“ gives me:
>>> “There are no file packages defined for this project.”
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> The supelec pages are not very intuitive and misleading, I totally
>> agree.
>>
>> The source code can be obtained with SVN:
>>
>>    svn co http://foundry.supelec.fr/svn/luajittex/trunk
>>
>> The binaries can be found on http://svn.contextgarden.net/suite-bin/tex/
>
> Thanks, that will help me :)

It certainly helped and I got it working, thank you!
However, in the binaries link I only found 0.72, not 0.75 – I guess they
are not already updated?

Now, I'd like to test luajittex with latex, and a minimal examples works
fine. But trying to load some non-trivial packages fails with an error:

invalid escape sequence near '"

When loading babel, I get:

! LuaTeX error [string "\directlua "]:1: invalid escape sequence near '"'.
\adddialect ...alect("\string #1", "\string #2") }
                                                   \fi \fi \wlog
{\string #1 ...
l.103   \adddialect\l at canadian\l at american

? x

And loading fontspec results in:

! LuaTeX error
...e2012/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luaotfload/otfl-luat-dum.lua:65:
invalid escape sequence near '"'
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'dofile'
	...live2012/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luaotfload/luaotfload.lua:46: in
function 'l
oadmodule'
	...live2012/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luaotfload/luaotfload.lua:51: in main
chunk
	[C]: in function 'require'
	...exlive2012/texmf-dist/tex/luatex/luatexbase/modutils.lua:52: in
function 'r
equire_module'
	[string "\directlua "]:1: in main chunk.
\lltxb at requirelua ...xluaescapestring {#2}" \fi )}

l.35 \endinput

I invoke luajittex by calling

luajittex --fmt=lualatex --jiton test.tex

I did not rebuild the format with luajittex – is this a problem? I
googled fr the “invalid escape sequence” and found some google entries
on mailing lists, but clicking on them, I did not find the corresponding
messages …

So – is this a trivial error made by me or is anything broken?

cheers
Arno